Searching & Browsing Communities by Content and Interaction
Social Network Data
Social data is noisy and in large scale, hence it is hard for human to find the useful/desired information
Provide a tool (like lens) to zoom in/out the whole network so as to discover the useful signals from the big social graph
SocialLens: Searching & Browsing Communities by Content and Interaction
A social graph G=(V,D,E,L)
- V: users
- D: documents published by users
- E: friendship links between two users
- L: diffusion links among two documents
- A set of communities:
- Community membership: who is in each community?
- Community profile
- Content profile: what is each community about?
- Diffusion profile: how do communities interact with each other in a topic?
What is each community?
How does each community interact with others?
How to make use of community profile?